Sunday, August 26, 2007

Today is the day

It is 2.5 hours before the canon goes off and I'm completely ready. I had a good night's sleep. Well, mostly. It was a little restless, but for the most part it was a good one. We went to bed at 7pm, which I don't think I've done since I was a kid, except when I was sick.

Today I plan to stick to my race plan and take it easy on the swim and bike, and walk up the hills and at the aid stations on the run. I hope to come in to the finish line within 15 hours and I hope to come in with a smile on my face and with my family standing proudly at the sideline. I feel very lucky to be able to take on this challenge and to be so close to completing it. Today I will be an Ironman.

5 comments:

Phil said...

Good luck on your race today!

Phil

Jen said...

Hey, Crystal, I just looked up your progress on IM athlete tracker, and it looks like you had a GREAT swim and a strong bike split! Hope things are going well for you on the run! -Jen

Charlie said...

Congratulation's Vegan Ironwomen.
Great run to bring it home.
Isn't it nice to know no animals were harmed to become an Ironman.

Jen said...

You did it!!! Awesome job, Crystal! You're an IRONWOMAN!

I can't wait to read about the race :-)

Irongirl said...

Yay!
I can't believe it is here.
So much has happened in the last year.
I can't wait to hear about it. :)