Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm getting a bit antsy

I have to admit that being out of the training routine has made me a bit antsy. I always have enough activities and interests to fill my time, but I am really missing getting back into my routine.

My feet are healing nicely, which may in part due to the calcium supplements that my naturopath recommended (side note: liquid calcium tastes yucky!). I think I am going to take most of November off from running, but I'm going to get back into swimming on Friday. I'm going to swim with the Masters' swim club and I might join a gym for a couple of months to see how it goes. However, I'm not going to train so much as just get back into the swing of things slowly. I have forgotten what it feels like to workout just for the sake of my own mental and physical well-being. Ironman really did a number on me!

At the same time, I'm still doing yoga and it is AWESOME! I am loving it so much. I'm sure that it has helped with the healing process as well.

1 comment:

ace said...

I just ran across your blog and it got me thinking about going vegan. Again. I was vegan for about 8 months this year, but when I added some intense strength training to my schedule, I backed away from it. I may move back to it however, and eventually to raw foods. But I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Oh and you are absolutely correct, Yoga is the best thing ever.