Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm back!

Today I went for a run-walk and it felt really good. My feet feel good and my body was happy to be back into doing cardio workouts, even if the weather is a little on the chilly side (ie. -20 degrees Celsius). I love it when the frost collects on my eyelids and on my neck warmer. I wish I could get a picture of it, but it melts as soon as it hits the warm air of my house. After my run, I did some meditation and yoga just to let the feeling of the run sink into the muscles. It felt really good and I'm hoping that by going slowly, I will be running regularly in January. I'm also going to set up my wind trainer next weekend and maybe invest in some Spinerval videos for the winter. And I may have found a coach for the next season.

So far, my season looks like this:
* - Bridge City Duathlon - Saskatoon, SK
May 24, 2008 - Saskatoon Half Marathon - Saskatoon, SK
June *, 2008 - Spin off Spadina Olympic Triathlon - Saskatoon, SK
July 6, 2008 - Great White North Triathlon - Stony Plain, Alberta
August 11, 2008 - Frank Dunn Triathlon - Waskesiu, SK

I might also do a bit of road bike racing and definitely will be doing some mountain bike racing. I'm looking forward to next season!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome back, Crystal! Glad you're feeling well. Looks like you've got an exciting season ahead :-)

Also, I'd like to send you a blogger invitation to a vegan athlete group blog, if you're interested... I'm thinking it could be a forum to chat & share training & nutrition info in a more specific setting. E-mail me your e-mail address (click on the e-mail button on my "about me" page) and I'll send you the info.

Jen

Crystal said...

Yes, it is going to be quite exciting. I'm stoked to get back into training!