Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bike day!

Today, I slept in due to staying up after the late-night swim last night. I worked all day, which is a workout in itself. Anyone who has served in a busy restaurant knows that being on one's feet all day is definitely some kind of workout. My chiropractor concurs. I went and there was definitely some issues with my upper back and neck, as always. My neck is constantly in need of adjustment. Sometimes I get really bad headaches. I've learned to deal with them and know that they are short-lived, but it is usually my body's way of telling me that my neck is out of alignment. It's always from biking. In the summer, it's from road riding and falling on my mountain bike. In the winter, it's usually from tensing up when riding on slippery ice and/or falling on said slippery ice. Going to the chiropractor is a simple solution to my neck and headache issues and with all the training and falling I do, it's necessary.

Tonight I biked with the Triathlon Club and it was pretty good. We did 2 sets of 4 repetitions of 2 minute intervals with 1 minute rest in between each interval and five minutes between sets. Wow, that sounds kind of confusing. It was pretty good. I don't feel like I'm quite getting into the groove of the whole spinning inside thing, but I hope it will come. I just feel like I'm not pushing myself as hard as I can. I'll try harder next week.

As for the heartburn as discussed yesterday, I'm going to try a few things. Yesterday, I ate 3 hours before the swim began, but maybe that's not enough time. So I'll try to make it 3.5 or 4 hours. Also, I have to talk to my doctor about other health things that I am looking into, so I'll talk to her about this as well. Next week I'm getting my blood work done so that I can make sure my nutrient levels are where they should be. Being a vegan triathlete isn't always easy, but it sure is interesting! Last time, my levels were all great showing me to be a very healthy vegan.

So tomorrow I'm doing a run - probably 8-10km with a bit of intervals in the middle. I have tomorrow off from work, so that'll be nice.

No comments: