Thursday, February 22, 2007

Getting Rhythm

After a couple of weeks of being on the road, I am finally settling back into my training rhythm. I've been swimming twice a week, about 3500m in 1 hour and 15 minutes, with the Masters' swim club. I have not gotten any heartburn since I started swimming in the morning. It must be an evening thing.

I've been trying to bike to work as much as my schedule will allow it. On Tuesday I biked with the tri club for the first time since the new year. It was pretty great. We did two zone 4 intervals: the first one was two minutes long with one minute rest, the second was 2.5 minutes with one minute rest. It was pretty hard, but I'm not sure I was pushing hard enough. For some reason I can't work as hard on those really uncomfortable bikes at the university. It really makes me appreciate my bike at home on the trainer!

I've been running on the treadmill twice a week and once with the tri club doing intervals. Basically, I've just been trying to make it through the winter. It's been difficult, but I think I'm doing alright with it. Today I did 30 minutes with high intensity intervals of a couple minutes up with one minute rest. I ended up running 2.5miles in 30 minutes, which is pretty good for me. It was good to get the heart-rate up and the legs moving. On Tuesday I did "hills" on the treadmill for over 2 miles in 25 minutes. At one point I was at 6.0 incline and 6.5 speed, which was pretty fast and hard! It felt good. I can't wait to get outside and try out running again on the pavement.
I had a meeting with my coach yesterday and she thinks I'll be fine. I'm going to run the marathon at the end of May just so that I can know that I can run it because that's the part of the Ironman that I'm the most scared of.

I feel very lucky to have such a supportive significant other, who has been helping to make sure I've been getting fed. Now we just need to work on getting enough sleep!

1 comment:

Irongirl said...

That's great!
Getting back to training AND the man. :D