Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I was Tagged!

I was tagged by Charlie, a fellow vegan triathlete. I've never done a meme on this blog, but I guess there's a first time for everything - I will try to keep it sports-related.

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

1. My first triathlon was a longer-than-Olympic distance race (ie. 1.5km swim, 60km bike, 13km run). People thought I was crazy... now I do too. During this tri, I wore underwear in my wetsuit and under my bike shorts. It took be more than 4.5 hours to complete, my whole family was there to cheer me on, it took place on my 24th birthday, and I almost quit during the swim.

2. My friend Maybel fan dangled me into doing my first Half IM after doing only 4 tris before that. It took me 6:42 to complete - I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into. No wonder people think I'm crazy.

3. After my first Half IM was over, I cried under a tree because I couldn't believe it was over and I was so glad! (Maybel was already showered by the time I came in to the finish line) This year will be my third time doing this race.

4. During Ironman Canada last year, I had to look at the ingredients of a gel before I took it because I wasn't sure if it was vegan. I am officially a professional label-reader!

5. My parents put me in gymnastics at the ripe age of 4 because I was so active. It was their solution to my driving them crazy. It didn't work!

6. I don't listen to music while I train because I do visualization exercises while I am swimming, biking, and running.

7. The whole time I've been a triathlete, I've been vegan. Sports nutrition has become a hobby for me.

I tag:
Franny and Ishmael and Matthew. That's it for now. If I can think of more, I'll tag them too. Beward, friends, beware!

3 comments:

Tony Austin said...

I humbly reccommend that when you are swimming that you concentrate solely on technique, maintaining momentum and paying attention to the clock so that you can memorize what a 1:30 hundred feels like so you can pace correctly during an event.

Crystal said...

Thanks Tony. That's good advice and exactly what I'm working on right now. :o)

Franny said...

Hey Crystal. I was tagged by you! Your site looks great. :)