Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions

Yesterday my good intention was to complete one bike workout for the week, but I only got through half before I cut it short to head to yoga. Yoga was definitely my priority yesterday because I have been having some neck problems lately in the form of a neck headache that lasted almost 3 days. I went to the chiropractor to get it adjusted and he said it was a little swollen at the top of my neck. I've been icing and stretching and it has gotten better, but it was a wake-up call for me to continue with my yoga practice. However, it was also nice to get off my dreaded trainer.

This morning my good intention was to get to the track early to get in my run workout before meeting a fellow triathlete to talk about the women's triathlon program that I'm volunteering for this spring. However, as I was perusing the local newspaper, I noticed that there is a track meet today. I swore a little bit as I called the track to see if it was open this morning. Nope, not open. Damn! I was REALLY looking forward to FIVE intervals at a high pace. (Note: that was sarcasm) So I looked at the good ol' thermometer to see if I could get outside to do at least a few intervals. This is what it looks like:


Needless to say, I am not running outside.

My good intention today is to get on the trainer this afternoon and do my complete bike workout for the week. Perhaps tomorrow I can get in my other run workout. Only time and circumstances will tell!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

I am not sure what that temperature is(C/F) But it sure looks cold.
Good luck. I get so cabin fever'd when I can't run.

Crystal said...

-31oC is -23.8oF
-45oC is -49oF

Yep, it was cold!
Cabin fever will set in in about another month... I'm a weathered Saskatchewanian. :o)

Jen said...

Oh my goodness!!! I will officially stop complaining about my measly -7 below Fahrenheit! We don't go as low as -23 except with the windchill. Ouch. You're a tough lady!